By establishing this policy, Paymob aims to create a standardized, reliable, and secure environment that should smooth our business operations and Your experience through the Platform.
This Policy explains your privacy rights regarding how we collect, use, disclose, share, protect and safeguard your Personal Data (as defined below) when you visit our Platform or use our payment gateway.
- “Cookies” cookies are files with small amount of data, which might include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to Your browser from our Platform and stored on Your computer's hard drive.
- “Employee” means, any employee of Paymob or any of its affiliates, sister company(ies) and parent company(ies).
- “Paymob” or “We” means, Paymob Solutions S.A.E, a joint stock company duly incorporated under the laws of the Arab Republic of Egypt under the commercial register No. 72368 and whose address is 57, St. 263, Al-Nasr St., New Maadi, Maadi, Cairo, Egypt or any of its affiliates or sister companies.
- “Personal Data” means, your information and/or data that might enable Paymob to identify your personality and that are required to enable Paymob to provide You with its services, to the extent stipulated under the Egyptian Personal Data Law.
- “Platform” means, https://paymob.com/en, that is owned, managed, and operated by Paymob.
This Policy between Paymob and You constitute our commitment to Your privacy on our Platform. It is designed to provide information regarding our privacy practices and help you understand how we handle your Personal Data.
If there any exception request for a specific point in this policy. This request will pass through internal exception process for Paymob, and You will be informed through any means of communication with such exception.
Such exception to this policy must be approved by the security team within Paymob in advance and you will be informed with such details of such exception request and its purpose within four days as it is approved by the security team.
You understand that use of the services provided by Paymob would result in charges. All charges are due within the moment of receiving the services, you hereby acknowledge and agree to pay the charges to Paymob and authorize Paymob to deduct the same during the process of the transaction. You agree and acknowledge that Paymob shall have the full right, at its sole discretion to amend the charges from time-to-time.
Personal Data Protection
- You authorize and hereby unconditionally agree to receive communications from Paymob in any form (including push notifications, calls, SMS, emails, etc.) for the purpose of confirming Your transaction, if any and required. In the event that You no longer want to receive communications from Paymob, you shall notify Paymob of Your non-acceptance, and Paymob may cease or limit sending any communications upon Your request, to the necessary extent.
- You agree to provide true, current, and complete information, and in the event that Paymob has reasonable grounds to suspect that any of Your Personal Data is untrue, inaccurate, not complete, or there was any abuse of service by any means from You; then Paymob should have the full right to suspend or terminate Your account and prohibit any and all current or future use of Paymob’s Platform.
- Your personal data should not be retained for a duration longer than that necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose therefrom and we would erase any Personal Data at our possession upon the satisfaction of the designated purpose in case of retention of such Personal Data for any legitimate reason and if such Personal Data should be retained, we would do it in a form that does not allow for identification of Your personality.
- Upon our knowledge of the occurrence of breach to personal data handled by us, we would inform the Data Protection Centre (the “Centre”) in accordance with the Egyptian applicable laws including, inter alia, the Egyptian Personal Data Law. You acknowledge and agree that the following information should be shared with the Centre or any competent authority:
- A description of the nature of the breach, its form, reasons, and the approximate number of personal data affected and their records.
- The information of the relevant data protection officer, if any.
- The potential consequences of the breach.
- A description of the procedures taken or proposed to be taken in order to address the breach and limit its negative consequences.
- Documenting any breach or violation of personal data and the rectification procedures undertaken to address the breach; and
- Providing any documents, information or data requested by the Center.
- You further agree and acknowledge that Paymob should not be liable to You or to any third-party for any of the following:
- Damages, or harm from any kind that results from Your access or use of the Platform.
- Any interruption in communication to or from the Platform.
- Any bugs, viruses transferred through the Platform.
- You hereby acknowledge and understand that Paymob may close Your account, restrict Your use permanent or temporarily or cancel Your registration at any time without providing any reasons, at its sole discretion, for the purpose of termination for convenience.
- You hereby agree and accept that Paymob shall have the right to cancel Your registration or close Your account, without the need of any further notices, legal proceedings, or judicial actions, in the following events:
- You rendered insolvent
Relationship between Parties
العودة للصفحة الرئيسية
Governing Low and Dispute Resolution